Pool Series 3 Massimo Colonna
In his latest works, designed exclusively for The Cool Hunter, digital artist Massimo Colonna revisits the classic smooth lines and architectural design elements featured in his ‘Gravity’ series. ‘The Pool’ collection is reminiscent of the chic poolside glamour so brilliantly captured by the legendary photographer Slim Aarons from the 50s through to the 80s. However, unlike Slim’s famous images featuring attractive people doing attractive things in attractive places, Massimo depopulates his compositions, they’re stripped of the elegant bikini-clad socialites to be found in Slim’s work and all we’re left with is the attractive location of the pool itself. Each image features a floating inflatable artifact, indicating people were once present, but are now no longer, imparting a feeling of transience. Without people to inhabit and animate the space, we’re left to appreciate the interplay of light and shadow, the sharp structural lines and block-coloured surfaces create an attractive if an almost abstract scene in its own right.
- Printed on Fine Art Rag paper – 100% cotton fibre based paper made to high quality archival standards
- Acid and Lingin free
- pH buffered
- 340 gsm
- White or Black frame (Frame is 6cm thick and 2.5cm at the front)
- White border
- Frame available in black or white. If you would prefer this without the white border and the image to fill the frame please get in touch at [email protected]
- Flat rate shipping charged at $20
- Please allow up to 21 working days for production and delivery.
Subscribe to our emails
Sign up to our mailing list and receive the latest news in exceptional design from around the globe, see our newest product arrivals, and receive exclusive offers from The Cool Hunter.