Skatepark Enrico Capanni
Nostalgia exerts a powerful force on the human consciousness. It’s a wistful yearning for an idealised past, part real, part imagined, and peppered with fond memories. We think of warm summer nights, when our problems included which flavour of ice cream we wanted, a simpler time imbued with lost innocence, blissfully unaware of all the trappings we’ll accumulate as we’d haul ourselves into the present. We pause, reflect, think, remember, and smile. It often rushes headlong into our frontal lobe in an unexpected crash; we hear a song, taste a flavour, see an old photo, and for one brief tantalising moment, space and time collapse and we’re transported back to what seems like a lost Eden.
This is the force ‘Skatepark’ by Enrico Cappani is self-consciously trying to elicit. Influenced by the works of the Italian great Luigi Ghirri, its muted tones purposely echo the contorted colours of a forgotten polaroid found at the bottom of a draw. The skatepark subject and playful pastels evoke a longing to connect to an inner child and for a time when we could fully inhabit the moment without worries, without distraction.
- Printed on Fine Art Rag paper – 100% cotton fibre based paper made to high quality archival standards
- Acid and Lingin free
- pH buffered
- 340 gsm
- White (Frame is 6cm thick and 2.5cm at the front) no border
- Frame available in white. If you would prefer this with the white border please get in touch at [email protected]
- Flat rate shipping charged at $20
- Please allow up to 21 working days for production and delivery.
Subscribe to our emails
Sign up to our mailing list and receive the latest news in exceptional design from around the globe, see our newest product arrivals, and receive exclusive offers from The Cool Hunter.