‘Stillness’, by Berlin-based photographer Monty Kaplan (Argentina) is a solemn and contemplative piece which instills in the viewer a sense of calmness and serenity. Devoid of any solid objects serving as the central focus, light itself becomes the subject of the viewer’s gaze. The composition is harmoniously divided between two rectangular fields of sea and sky, both only partially illuminated by daybreak, and partitioned by the dawn rays reflecting off the distant water’s surface. Ripples catching the soft light on an otherwise still sea highlight the inky blue-blacks of the water below creating a rich and textured surface, while the complexity of the clouds above is captured in the muted colour scheme of the low-light of the early morning sun. Tonally, the two halves complement each other and serve to amplify the element which brings both forth out of invisible darkness, light itself.
This piece suits more dark filled spaces where there’s minimal light.
Limited edition of 100 (price includes framing)
- Printed on Fine Art Rag paper – 100% cotton fibre based paper made to high quality archival standards
- Acid and Lingin free
- pH buffered
- 340 gsm
- Black frame (Frame is 6cm thick and 2.5cm at the front)
- Standard acrylic glass. If you would prefer non-reflective acrylic please get in touch at [email protected] as the price is more expensive
- Flat rate shipping charged at $20
- Please allow up to 21 working days for production and delivery.
Subscribe to our emails
Sign up to our mailing list and receive the latest news in exceptional design from around the globe, see our newest product arrivals, and receive exclusive offers from The Cool Hunter.