The BreakMichal Pelka
In this image titled ‘The Break’, the North Sea off the Dutch coast surges in the dim light of winter as a solitary wave breaks against a silver sky, itself imperceptibly merging into the steel blue-black abyss below. The wave rises like the sheathed dorsal fin of some unseen Jurassic creature emphasizing the terrifying power of what can be one of the most inhospitable of environments. Yet for all its terror there’s a certain cold serenity, an awe for the minimal perfection of nature. In this image we observe the moment before the sea crashes back into itself, we witness the wave as we would perceive an iceberg, we see only the tip, knowing the colossal ocean forces remain hidden beneath the dark sea surface.
- Printed on Fine Art Rag paper – 100% cotton fibre based paper made to high quality archival standards
- Acid and Lingin free
- pH buffered
- 340 gsm
- Black frame (Frame is 6cm thick and 2.5cm at the front)
- White border
- Frame available in black or white. If you would prefer this without the white border and the image to fill the frame please get in touch at [email protected]
- Flat rate shipping charged at $20
- Please allow up to 21 working days for production and delivery.
Subscribe to our emails
Sign up to our mailing list and receive the latest news in exceptional design from around the globe, see our newest product arrivals, and receive exclusive offers from The Cool Hunter.