The Diving Platform Enrico Capanni
Enrico Capanni has created an angular brutalist folie in the form of a diving platform towering over stilled pools whose rippled glassy surface reflects the monumental structure back to the viewer. An early morning haze infuses the scene with soft pinks, and muted pastel tones as gently forested hills vanish into a first-light sky. In this artful play of light and form, Capanni makes an edifice of brutal and uncompromising concrete feel like a thing of playful whimsey. The restrained palette enhances a sensation of depeopled tranquillity, and we’re left with a scene that evokes feelings of the quiet before a storm. It’s not hard to imagine the same vista, frenetic with the throngs of people seeking relief from a hot summer’s day; children, teens, and families, scrambling, playing, climbing, diving, and splashing, but here, we have only stillness, a stolen moment before the rest of the world wakes up.
For custom sizes or print only options, please email [email protected]
- Printed on Fine Art Rag paper – 100% cotton fibre based paper made to high quality archival standards
- Acid and Lingin free
- pH buffered
- 340 gsm
- White (Frame is 6cm thick and 2.5cm at the front) no border
- Frame available in white. If you would prefer this with the white border please get in touch at [email protected]
- Flat rate shipping charged at $20
- Please allow up to 21 working days for production and delivery.
Subscribe to our emails
Sign up to our mailing list and receive the latest news in exceptional design from around the globe, see our newest product arrivals, and receive exclusive offers from The Cool Hunter.