The Simple LifeKaren Cantuq
The Simple Life’ by Karen Cantuq (Mexico) is a wonderful and mockingly playful composition incongruously placing a posing Astronaut in a featureless monochromatic field with two sheep sitting impassively in the otherworldly figure’s presence. The complexity of the spaceman’s gear, built to sustain life in the most hostile environment imaginable to humans, set against such timeless rural simplicity, makes for a fascinating juxtaposition of subject and surrounds. The piece invites us to meditate on the artificial landscape we inhabit, not merely in the physical sense but in the social context in which we live our lives, lives we increasingly experience through the medium of smart devices. The image appears to metaphorically suggest that we no longer feel comfortable, in fact, feel vulnerability without the protective cocoon of technology, as if occupying some inhospitable world which we can only interface with using an impersonal App.
- Printed on Fine Art Rag paper – 100% cotton fibre based paper made to high quality archival standards
- Acid and Lingin free
- pH buffered
- 340 gsm
- White frame (Frame is 6cm thick and 2.5cm at the front)
- White border
- If you would prefer this without the white border and the image to fill the frame please get in touch at [email protected]
- Flat rate shipping charged at $20
- Please allow up to 21 working days for production and delivery.
Subscribe to our emails
Sign up to our mailing list and receive the latest news in exceptional design from around the globe, see our newest product arrivals, and receive exclusive offers from The Cool Hunter.