Balloon Concerto Gramophone Federico Picci
In this digital work of art, Florence, Italy-based graphic designer, illustrator and animator Federico Picci has managed to create an illusion of music in a physical form.
There is a crystal-clear sense of feather-light movement as the spheres appear to billow up from the solitary, fixed gramophone . The black/gold balloons and warm light in the high-ceilinged white room create a peaceful, calm mood inviting we, the viewers, into this meditation on music. Just as the balloons emerge, rise, fall, and appear to be filling the open space so to do musical notes, constantly moving through time and space, never static and harmonising with each other to create a beautiful unified whole as represented in this allegory of music. This is why ‘Balloon Concerto’ 3 by Picci, a pianist, just to add to his already impressive resume, is so intriguing. It seems to be tantalising close to capturing an art form which by its very nature can’t be depicted in a visual.
- Printed on Fine Art Rag paper – 100% cotton fibre based paper made to high quality archival standards
- Acid and Lingin free
- pH buffered
- 340 gsm
- White or Black frame (Frame is 6cm thick and 2.5cm at the front)
- White border
- Frame available in black or white. If you would prefer this without the white border and the image to fill the frame please get in touch at [email protected].
- Flat rate shipping charged at $20
- Please allow up to 21 working days for production and delivery.
Subscribe to our emails
Sign up to our mailing list and receive the latest news in exceptional design from around the globe, see our newest product arrivals, and receive exclusive offers from The Cool Hunter.